Dusting off the toolset

Open forum for the submission of build ideas, inquires for being a builder and general info on what it takes to be a builder for the fold...
Greenlion420
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Dusting off the toolset

Post by Greenlion420 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm

OK guys, I'm back and ready to rock.

It seems I missed the Alpha, but I'm ready to take on any projects that need....um....projecting?

Bulk areas, area decorating, NPC's or whatever.

Just give me a holler.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dusting off the toolset

Post by Bane » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Greenlion420 wrote:OK guys, I'm back and ready to rock.

It seems I missed the Alpha, but I'm ready to take on any projects that need....um....projecting?

Bulk areas, area decorating, NPC's or whatever.

Just give me a holler.
Kick ass!! :D

We're going to be putting together a builder's mod with the necessary scripts to work w/. Right now we''re watching the development of Project Q to see how it comes along. As currently we're using CEP but a choice to use Project Q means to undo CEP.

Hence why the alpha was only bare bone areas - but man dem bones are good ;)

So when we get that straight a builder's mod will be available.

For now, check out the builder's square webpage. It has links to tutorials, transition naming nomenclature, etc and I'll be adding more.

I need to put a table of contents on it. Basically it's going to be a one stop shop for builder's :D

That's why I want to take you through the alpha - to show you that this isn't NWN 1.0 but NWN 1.5 - actually it should be NWN 2.5 - but hey let's not go there :D

Holla!

EDIT: Another thought is that builder's can work points of interest - work off the base areas - builder's 'color' it in (base areas). Perhaps to test the new POI, testing would be conducted as a PnP game - the builder being a DM
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Greenlion420
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Greenlion420 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Groovy.

PM, e-mail, IM or whatever when you're free to walk the kitty through the Alpha. I'll be your huckleberry.
Tonight in Casa Dega I hang on every word.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 pm

PM sent :)
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Greenlion420
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Greenlion420 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Any updates on Project Q?

I'm dying for some RP with the old fam.
Tonight in Casa Dega I hang on every word.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:44 pm

They should be putting out an update soon - hopefully it will have weapons/armor - not sure. I think the update is more to correct some files