Beta sign Up

Open forum for the submission of build ideas, inquires for being a builder and general info on what it takes to be a builder for the fold...
Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beta sign Up

Post by Bane » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:29 pm

entropy rat wrote:I'm here and waiting to test.
Ok - you're set-up w/ the permissions - you should be able to see the beta test forums - go to there and read the file - what files to download.

Any questions - just ask in the beta forum ;)
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Just wanted to say that we are still on target for Jan 23rd beta test.

I don't think all the encounters for the caves of chaos will be complete - but rather than delay - I'll finish it during the beta. Don't worry though there's enough encounters already in place to give you a run for your money :twisted:

Crafting is also implemented - so those of you that haven't had a chance to use the LCC crafting system, you are in for a treat :)

Random traps and treasure will also be implemented.

So update your files and to those that replied previous to those post - you have been added as a beta tester and should familiarize yourself w/ how to d/l files - check a couple of posts back.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

djszabo
Noobler
Noobler

Post by djszabo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:24 am

I'm ready to beta test. Point me at whatever needs to be installed. I have NWN 1.6x Diamond Edition (thanks to Bane). I'm new to this world, but have some experience via the three NWN stand-alone adventures. Please advise.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Aloha and glad you found your way over here! Just check out the post -Getting the files (i.e., haks, 2da, tlk) - it's in the announcement section of the this (beta test) forum ;)

Any questions - just post or give me a call :P

Trendane
Developer
Developer

Post by Trendane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 pm

I'd be more than happy to help with some testing. Especially when it comes to crafting. Nothing gave me greater pleasure that the incredibly involved practice of going to the farm, pick the corn, feed the chickens and cows, get the eggs and milk, get the wheat, mill it into flour, buy the yeast, combine...and bake into bread. Or digging up sand to make glass ingots to make bottles for potions and...yeah, you get the idea. Gods, I hope this has that level of detail available.

Anyway, if no one has any objections, I'd very much like to sign up to help with some testing.

Thanks!
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.
I'm not crazy. I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Trendane wrote:I'd be more than happy to help with some testing. Especially when it comes to crafting. Nothing gave me greater pleasure that the incredibly involved practice of going to the farm, pick the corn, feed the chickens and cows, get the eggs and milk, get the wheat, mill it into flour, buy the yeast, combine...and bake into bread. Or digging up sand to make glass ingots to make bottles for potions and...yeah, you get the idea. Gods, I hope this has that level of detail available.

Anyway, if no one has any objections, I'd very much like to sign up to help with some testing.
Aloha Trendane - your sig makes you a good fit here :P

Sure we love to have you test - although we do require quite a few haks and have a hunger and thirst system in place - if that's cool w/ you then please step up.

I've added you to the beta tester group so you should see the beta test forum in the builder's section.

You'll want to check out the Getting the files (i.e., haks, 2da, tlk) thread first ;)

If it's too much no worries - just give me a heads-up either way :P

If it's a yes - then I'll further hook you up w/ permissions (i.e., project manager)

Also, when you say detail - do you mean being able to plant crops and have them grow to harvest - well then you're in good company.

If I might ask, how did you hear of us?

Mahalos and kick ass!

Trendane
Developer
Developer

Post by Trendane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Bane wrote:You'll want to check out the Getting the files (i.e., haks, 2da, tlk) thread first ;)If it's too much no worries - just give me a heads-up either way :P If it's a yes - then I'll further hook you up w/ permissions (i.e., project manager)

Also, when you say detail - do you mean being able to plant crops and have them grow to harvest - well then you're in good company.

If I might ask, how did you hear of us?

Mahalos and kick ass!
To address your points in order...

I'm reading through that post now and looking for the user/pass for the FTP site. I strongly suspect that, given that I worked as a QA Test Lead at Electronic Arts until they laid me off a couple of months ago...I'll probably be fine with some testing!!

As for level of detail...seeing you mention planting and growing crops...that brings a tear to my loins. I think I'm home.

How did I hear of you? Years ago, I used to play on a couple of PW servers and I always enjoyed crafting. When the folks who ran that put in the CNR set and I could gather sand to make glass, tend the farm animals, harvert crops, brew beer.....oohhhhhh....I was the only person on the server who found it positively orgasmic. I wanted to come up with new and different herbal/other component mixtures to produce different things. It got to the point where I spent most of my time tending the farm and such. Every now and then, a DM would send a bunch of monsters to raid the place and the players would have to come and defend it. I didn't mind being mostly non-combatant because I was, effectively, just a farmer and I...well...wait, sorry. That has nothing to do with your question.

Suffice to say that I missed it so much that I went hunting for that old, NWN module and the CNR stuff to make it as it once was. In the process of searching for it, I stumbled upon you guys and I figured....Hey, I can either continue living in the past....or allpy my efforts towards re-creating my favorite passtimes in the present!
--
Trendane

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Well said and well met! Glad you're now part of the beer swilling, merry men that we are :orc beer:
Trendane wrote:I'm reading through that post now and looking for the user/pass for the FTP site.
The attachment in the hak download post has the info you need ;)

Trendane
Developer
Developer

Post by Trendane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

And then some!!
--
Trendane

Bill
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Bill » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Looks like I have NWN running okay. I'm available, let me know what I need to do.
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness. Though, if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. - Gustave Flaubert