Beta sign Up

Open forum for the submission of build ideas, inquires for being a builder and general info on what it takes to be a builder for the fold...
Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beta sign Up

Post by Bane » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Bill glad to see you and glad you're going to join us! I've made the proper settings to your account and you should be able to see the beta test forums.

Look at the announcements in that forum - the bottom one is where you'll find the info to grab the files. You're best bet for grabbing the files, for the first time, is to ftp 'em ;) - then run worldgate to ensure all files are in their correct location :)

Alohas!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

minler
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by minler » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:26 am

I too would like to join in the testing.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 am

Kick ass! Glad you can join us - you're set-up w/ the proper permissions :P

As I mentioned to Bill, just follow the below info - and you'll be good to go - any questions just post in the beta test forums ;)
Look at the announcements in the beta test forums and check the annoucements - the bottom one is where you'll find the info to grab the files. You're best bet for grabbing the files, for the first time, is to ftp 'em ;) - then run worldgate to ensure all files are in their correct location :)
:mrgreen:
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Lego
Admin/Lead DM
Admin/Lead DM

Post by Lego » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:14 am

Bill and Minler!!! Great to see you back at The Fold!!

Lego
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.

Civious
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Civious » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:26 am

Lego wrote:Bill and Minler!!! Great to see you back at The Fold!!

Lego
Yeah what Lego said :)

Bill
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Bill » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Never really left, you know. ;) For a while NWN wouldn't run, but tested recently and it was running ok. Now, hopefully, I can get all the files and configure them correctly!

Edit: Okay, it didn't take long to get confused. lol :oops:
What's a fold ftp server and how do I get to it? Or, if I download worldgate, unzip it and run it, it will automatically download the necessary files and put them in the correct folders? The second option sounds like more my speed if that is how it works.
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness. Though, if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. - Gustave Flaubert

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 am

Bill I moved your question to the beta forums and included links to grab the ftp software ;)

Check the post - Issues w/ getting the files (Bill)

Agarn
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Agarn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:00 pm

I'll help out if you don't mind. I had an epic character on the last one.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Agarn wrote:I'll help out if you don't mind. I had an epic character on the last one.
Aloha and welcome back! How did you hear of us or were you just checking to see if we're stilling swilling beers here :P

Let me set you up w/ the permissions in the meantime ;)

EDIT: You're permissions are set :D
Look at the announcements in that beta testers forum - the bottom one is where you'll find the info to grab the files. You're best bet for grabbing the files, for the first time, is to ftp 'em ;) - then run worldgate to ensure all files are in their correct location :)
:idea: Any questions, just post in the beta testers forums and we'll help you out

The Dark Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Dark Mike » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I do believe that minler and agarn were brothers :)

Welcome back guys - and its good to see you Bill!