Anyone LOTRO?

For discussions that do not belong anywhere else...
DWNSHFT

Re: Anyone LOTRO?

Post by DWNSHFT » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:20 am

I'm back in Lotro. Lloraen is now level 65. She'd love some friends to adventure with. Anyone else out there?

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Howzit DWNSHFT - I think Defender/James is still involved w/ it.

I played once upon a time for about 10 minutes. I've been playing Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) and other boardgames via Vassal lately.

Vassal/Skype combo allows peeps from around the world to play a boardgame digitally.

Been playingtesting this one WWII aviation boardgame. Set to go to the publisher (GMT) this week or next.

Here's a link to some WWII airplane p0rn from the game -
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.1ddab74d/4582

Here's the link to Volume I -Wing Leader: Victories 1940-1942 -

If you ever get the hankering, I can fly your through the rules for a game :orc beer:
Enjoy!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Bill
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Bill » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Hey Bane, long time. Are you a veteran war boardgame player? I used to play a lot years ago and just recently an old friend contacted me about playing some games through Vassal. I don't know how it works, but I'm up to trying it.
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness. Though, if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. - Gustave Flaubert

Bill
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Bill » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Dwnshft, I still play Lotro occasionally, though most of my characters are on Arkenstone. I do have a couple on Landroval, but I haven't been on for a long time. My highest is 40th level named Nobert. I'll log on more often and look for you.
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness. Though, if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. - Gustave Flaubert

DWNSHFT

Post by DWNSHFT » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Bill

I'm usually playing Lloraen. But I have other characters, and they might be able to craft some gear for you as well as adventure. :-)

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:16 am

Aloha Bill and DWN!

I play wargames - let me know whiich ones?

James (Defender) and I play Advance Squad Leader (ASL).

Vassal is great - basically it is an electronic version of a boardgame.

Vassal used w/ Skype is a great way to play when you can't meet face to face.

In fact I'm working on a vassal version of Magic Realm.

Are you guys interested in learning?

Rules, tutorials are on-line. Let me and I'll get you guys all the info.

Great for soloing too.

- Mike

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Bill
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Bill » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:32 pm

I use to own Magic Realm, but never learned to play it. Never got into ASL, but have played many other wargames.

When I was in the service we used to have a game club that met at the base library every Saturday and played games all day. Plus getting with friends in the evening to play games and ordering Domino's pizza. lol Great times. I kept up with it for years, but finding people to play got harder and harder. Thank goodness for computers.

I'd be willing to give Magic Realm a try. What do you need to download to play the games created through vassal?

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:46 pm

No problem Bill - I'll shoot you the info when I get home.

Could you PM me your email addy and if you have a Skype handle too.

Cool beans!

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:29 am

Ok - here we go - it can be a little confusing -

Magic Realm rules (MR3.2) using the redesigned counters - can be found here -
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 1F5QVZHMTQ

A good tutorial (The Book of Learning) - can be read before the rules - uses the original artwork -
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/ ... al-project

I actually prefer this set of rules (MR3.1)- uses the old artwork.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/ ... xe-version

For any info on MR -
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22/magic-realm

I'm still working on the vassal - should be done in a couple of days - uses the redesign artwork.

A thread about the redesigned MR artwork -
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/25 ... deserve-it

- Mike

Bill
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Bill » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:04 pm

I sent you a PM...I think, maybe three. lol I couldn't tell if it was sent so tried several times, but I didn't see anything in my sent message box.