Toolset Basic class?

Open forum for the submission of build ideas, inquires for being a builder and general info on what it takes to be a builder for the fold...
Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Toolset Basic class?

Post by Bane » Sat May 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I was wondering if people would like to have a learn the basic of using the toolset :P
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

Lego
Admin/Lead DM
Admin/Lead DM

Re: Toolset Basic IRC class?

Post by Lego » Sun May 02, 2010 12:59 pm

I'd love to!!
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Toolset Basic class?

Post by Bane » Sun May 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Cool beans - I'm also going to cover some tricks I learned when using worm's tilesets that helps expedite building :P

Also - if you have particular topic(s) - just give a shout here :geek:

i'm thinking maybe we should do this via skype?

I also found this - Adobe ConnectNow - allows for web sharing - free for 3 or less people ;)
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit...what a ride!"

ash007
Developer
Developer

Post by ash007 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 am

Have you considered capturing your screen and voice while giving the class? That way the video can sit around and anybody interested can watch it and post questions on its own later on.
History is only the register of crimes and misfortunes.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 am

ash007 wrote:Have you considered capturing your screen and voice while giving the class? That way the video can sit around and anybody interested can watch it and post questions on its own later on.
Good idea - anything you recommend that's for free :D

ash007
Developer
Developer

Post by ash007 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 am

Sure, try camstudio out. I've tried it couple of times in the past and it has been working very well.
History is only the register of crimes and misfortunes.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Mon May 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Kick Ass!! :P

Trendane
Developer
Developer

Post by Trendane » Wed May 05, 2010 7:32 am

I'd love to learn it as well!
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.
I'm not crazy. I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

Bane
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bane » Wed May 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Cool beans! I was waiting for your reply ;)

Lego and Tren what's a good time - this weekend is out for me :cry: I have to do a beach clean-up that was canceled b/c of that little thing called a tsunami.

I'm going to run up the abode communicator and the video/audio recorder before we begin.

D you guys have sykpe?

Trendane
Developer
Developer

Post by Trendane » Thu May 06, 2010 5:17 am

I have Skype, yes. I almost never use it, though. So if there's some weird....thing I have to do with it to take part in this...I'll need a bit of a primer.

As for the 'when'...I'm still unemployed...so pretty much the only time I can't do it is on those Saturday evenings when we're doing our local D&D game...and every other Monday night when I'm at my writer's group meeting. Aside from that, I'm fairly open.
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.
I'm not crazy. I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.